Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Rage Against the Machine

I am still currently writing at lifelongfling, but I've been busy lately setting up a casual food blog for snacks, mainly gluten-free. It's called
Sixth Hour Snack

The name comes from the time of day when I get very hungry (Well, one of them; there are many.)  I dislike vending machines, and was getting burned out on faculty room coffee. As one of my colleagues in graduate school put it, "snacks are the key to success!" Yet somehow, three individual Doritos chips in a bag for $1.75 didn't seem worth it somehow.

Thus, I decided to challenge myself to bring something new everyday that was: nutritious, energizing, tasty, gluten-free, inexpensive, and easy. Every day for a couple of weeks, or longer if I could keep it up. I'm in my second week, so if that's your kind of thing, enjoy!

Meanwhile, I'll be back to posting here again very soon on other topics.

Cheers. And happy snacking.


No comments: